December 5, 2019
There are tons of fun holiday events to celebrate in Ottawa! Here is a list of some activities happening in and around Ottawa this weekend, beginning December 5, 2019:
- Marvel at the many decorated Christmas trees in the Fairmont Château Laurier lobby! Visit to vote for your favourite tree at the Trees of Hope fundraiser for the CHEO Foundation, on now through to January 2020. FREE!
- It’s skating season! The refrigerated skating rinks at Lansdowne Skating Court and Rink of Dreams at Ottawa City Hall are now open for the season. The refrigerated rink at Rideau Hall opens on Saturday, December 7 (open weekends). FREE!
- Drop by the brand new Ottawa Christmas Market located at the Casino Lac-Leamy Plaza at Lansdowne, Fridays to Sundays until December 22 for local goods, treats, performances, and more! FREE!
- Let’s Get Lucky returns to the Casino du Lac-Leamy – enjoy classic game show fun every Thursday until December 12 with special games, trivia, and more.
- A Christmas tradition returns to the National Arts Centre – catch The Nutcracker, presented by the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, on now until Sunday, December 8!
- Visit the Bytown Museum and get into the holiday spirit with Christmas Craft-ernoons, weekends now until December 22!
- The EY Centre will be full of lights and Christmas displays now through to January 5, 2020 with Christmas Glow!
- The National Gallery of Canada invites the public to their Christmas Tree Lighting this Thursday, December 5! While there, check out the new exhibition Àbadakone | Continuous Fire | Feu continuel, on until April 2020; or enjoy a fun Holiday PJ Party at Family Sundays on Sunday, December 8.
- Drop by Parc Omega to see Santa Claus on Saturday, December 7 and Sunday, December 8! The holiday celebrations include face painting, a fun elf hunt, and more weekends until Sunday, December 22.
- Get your Christmas scares in at The Haunted Walk’s special themed “Nightmare Before/After Xmas” which explores the darker side of the festive season on select dates until December 30.
- Learn about Inuit customs at the Kuujjuaq Christmas Candy Drop at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, Sundays until December 22!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they take on the Boston Bruins on Monday, December 9 at the Canadian Tire Centre!
- There are tons of great Christmas and holiday markets happening around Ottawa, including the Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale on now until December 15 and the Holiyay Freewheeling Craft Market from Friday, December 6 to Sunday, December 8; just to name a few.